Thursday 20 December 2012

School of Performance Productions 2012: Canterbury Tales

I didn't specifically make anything for the second show, but seeing as I was on track with my work for the third show I chipped in to help with the production week. The supervisor was keen to have a solid, reliable team of dressers, and seeing as I had been unable to dress on the previous show I thought it would be good experience to give it a go. It was a particularly easy show to dress as the only real strain was getting everyone in the cast ready at the same time before the start of the show and after the interval. Apart from that there were no changes as the entire cast were on stage for the whole of each half.

I learnt a lot dressing on this show; the importance of last minute checks as things change easily between the dressing room and the theatre, and the importance of pretty much continuous ironing to keep everyone looking smart and well dressed. Keeping a tidy dressing room was crucial to ensure all the costumes were returned to their correct place on the hangers each night. All these are the sorts of things that wouldn't occur to you necessarily before working behind the scenes on a show.

Katie's incredibly well-organised wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment